Welcome in the Food-Analytical Section of the University of Messina
Analytical and Food Chemistry Section Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Biologiche, Farmaceutiche ed Ambientali University of Messina
The laboratories of the research unit in the Analytical-Food field are located at the Department of Chemical, Biological, Pharmaceutical, and Environmental Sciences of the University of Messina.
The research group, made up of two full professors, six associate professors and two temporary researchers, also includes PhD students, fellows, postdocs, graduate students and thesis students. The food part of the sector is coordinated by prof. Paola Dugo, while the analytical part by prof. Luigi Mondello
The main lines of research followed in the laboratories of the Analytical-Food Sector are aimed at the development of analytical methods for the characterization of various elements, among which food matrices occupy an important place.
ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS
- Characterization and testing methods of citrus derivatives.
– Studies of the volatile fraction of the essential oils by GC and GC/MS.
– Studies of non-volatile fraction of the essential oils by analytical and preparative HPLC, HPLC/MS, OPLC, and SFC. – Study of the enantiomeric distribution of the components of the essential oils by HPLC and HRGC with chiral columns.
– Use of supercritical fluids for obtaining a high quality flavoring.
– Study of the volatile fraction of juice and wine by SPME and GC/MS.
– Studies on oils of aromatic plants of exotic origin.
– Isolation of essential oils through mixed media.
– Development of a multi-dimensional gas chromatography system for the analysis of complex matrices.
– Development of analytical methods for analysis by fast GC of complex samples.
BLOG - NEWS
Trends in Analytical Chemistry
Editor Advisory Board: Peter Tranchida Editorial Board ISSN: 1879-3142 The Impact Factor of this journal...
Journal of Chromatography A
Editor: Paola Dugo Editorial Board ISSN: 0021-9673 The Impact Factor of this journal is 4.601 Journal...
Analytical Bioanalytical Chemistry
Editor Board: Paola Donato Editorial Board ISSN: 1615-9314 The Impact Factor of this journal is 4.478 ABC...
Journal of Separation Science
Associate Editor: Peter Tranchida Editorial Board ISSN: 1615-9314 The Impact Factor of this journal is...
Journal of Essential Oil Research
Editor in Chief: Luigi Mondello Editorial Board ISSN: 2163-8152 The Impact Factor of this journal is...
Flavour and Fragrance Journal
Editorial Board: Paola Dugo Editorial Board ISSN: 1099-1026 The Impact Factor of this journal is 2.500 Flavour...
Editorial Board: Paola Donato, Danilo Sciarrone Editorial Board ISSN: ISSN 2297-8739 The Impact Factor...
Food Analytical Methods
Associate Editor: Paola Donato Editorial Board: Luigi Mondello Editorial Board ISSN: 1936-9751 The Impact...
Editorial Board: Luigi Mondello Editorial Board ISSN: 1463-9270 The Impact Factor of this journal is...
53rd International Symposium on Essential Oils (ISEO 2023)
53rd International Symposium on Essential Oils (ISEO 2023) 13 - 16 September 2023 Trifiletti Theatre of Milazzo email@example.com www.iseoils.com/iseo2023 Facebook Linkedin Instagram InvitationOn behalf of [...]